Why am I in a cleaning out frenzy lately? My husband attributes it to female nesting. Hmm . . . possibly . . . . Or maybe:
- Anticipation of a new year?
- Seeing the contrast between my home and Better Homes and Gardens January issue: Simply Organized?
- Cluttered drawers; forgotten, broken stuff; tripping over my daughter’s toys and boys’ clothes?
Yep . . . all of the above.
Clutter drives me nuts. I feel great after organizing a drawer, but maintenance . . . now that’s an ongoing project! Papers crumple, paint peels, toys break, carpet stains. Eventually, everything material crumbles and fades.
I’m really not trying to downplay giving gifts. I really do love Christmas. Baking, decorating, giving and receiving gifts, watching the kids’ excitement (which begins on Thanksgiving), attending their basketball games and concerts, spending time with family, sending and receiving Christmas cards . . . . It’s all good!
But I have to say, all of the above dims in comparison to knowing Jesus Christ. And I have to ask myself: Is there room in my heart for Christ’s reign, or is it cluttered with other stuff?
A Babe in a Manger
I love that God came down to earth in a poor and lowly place, in the form of a little baby. Jesus–Immanuel–God with us came to bring salvation to everyone, even the poorest and lowliest. As God’s Son, He came to save us from our sins and give us new life. The One who fashioned the universe (Psalm 104:1, 5) also clothed Himself in humanity so we can relate to Him.
Although Christ traveled ancient paths (John 1:1), He’s in the business of restoration and abundant life. Although “the mountains melt like wax before the LORD” (Psalm 97:5), He transforms and renews the surrendered heart (2 Corinthians 5:17). He never fails, breaks down, fades, or changes. His love is bigger than the universe He created.
(Created by K.D. Manes at tagxedo.com)
What’s on your Christmas list this year? Have you received the supreme gift of Jesus Christ–eternal life, adoption, forgiveness, restoration, healing, love, joy, peace, hope, purpose, friendship, abundant life? (For more on the supremacy of Christ, see Colossians 1:15-20.)
When Jesus was born, there was no room in the inn. Is there room in your heart for Him today?
- Christmas Focus: The Ultimate Gift Giver (storywritingstudio.wordpress.com)
- The 12 days of Christmas, day 1…The greatests Christmas gift (pastormikesays.wordpress.com)
- Giving Gifts (thechristiangazette.wordpress.com)
- We Celebrate Christmas out of Gratitude (cafegospel.me)
- Let the JOY Out! (shadeakinbiyi.wordpress.com)