Along with Billy Graham’s plan “Steps to Peace with God,” which I posted last week, the following plans have helped millions of Christians share the Gospel in a simple, but effective way.
1) The Romans Road of Salvation
- Human Need (Rom. 3:23)
- Sin’s Penalty (Rom. 6:23)
- God’s Provision (Rom. 5:8)
- The Person’s Response (Rom. 10:9)
2) Four Spiritual Laws (Campus Crusade for Christ)
- God loves you and offers a wonderful plan for your life (John 3:16; 10:10).
- Humans are sinful and separated from God. Thus, they cannot know and experience God’s love and plan for their lives (Rom. 3:23; 6:23).
- Jesus Christ is God’s only provision for humanity’s sin. Through Jesus, you can know and experience God’s love and plan for your life (Rom. 5:8; John 14:6).
- We must individually receive Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord; then we can know and experience God’s love and plan for our lives (John 1:12; Eph. 2:8-9).
3) Bridge to Life (Navigators Resource/Tool link: http://www.navigators.org/Tools)
- The Bible teaches that God loves all humans and wants them to know Him (John 10:10; Rom. 5:1).
- But humans have sinned against God and are separated from God and His love. This separation leads only to death and judgment (Rom. 3:23; Isa. 59:2).
- But there is a solution: Jesus Christ died on the cross for our sins (the bridge between humanity and God) (1 Peter 3:18; 1 Tim. 2:5; Rom. 5:8).
- Only those who personally receive Jesus Christ into their lives, trusting Him to forgive their sins, can cross this bridge. Everyone must decide individually whether to receive Christ (John 3:16; John 5:24).
William Brent Ashby’s reference, 24 Ways to Explain the Gospel (Rose Publishing), is also great resource that uses word pictures. He highlights biblical illustrations and metaphors to clarify difficult concepts about salvation in a fold-out pamphlet. You can find it here: http://www.amazon.com/Ways-Explain-Gospel-Rose-Publishing/dp/1596363525
This wraps up my Evangelism series. Please come back next week for a new study. Have a fun and safe Memorial weekend!