Thank you to everyone who participated in my poll last week, posted under Back to the Basics. I asked: What do you believe about the Bible? At last check, a whopping 100% of you agreed that the Bible is God’s inspired Word to us.
I don’t want to preach to the choir, but want to follow through with my theme from last week.
I hope the following summary might be useful to you or someone you know.
What’s so unique about the Bible?
- Through sixty-six separate books, 1,189 chapters, the Bible is divinely orchestrated and inspired by God—a claim the Bible makes for itself (2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:2).
- Although God’s Word was composed by 40 different authors in three different languages (Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek) over a span of 1,500 years on three different continents (Africa, Asia, and Europe), it is a unit from beginning to end.
- The Bible shares one extraordinary message: God loves you.
- The Bible proves God is intimately involved and concerned about people. His unconditional love is shown in the death of His Son, Jesus Christ, on the cross. His sacrifice for sin allows anyone to be in a right relationship with God through faith in Jesus’ work.
(Source: Study Bible Apologetics for Students, Holman Bible Publishers. Used by permission)
- Hundreds of biblical prophecies have been fulfilled (e.g., Isaiah 13; Daniel 2; Luke 21:5-6).
- The Bible has been confirmed as being historically, archaeologically, and geographically accurate.
- The Old Testament is 99% accurate when compared to the Dead Sea Scrolls dating from 200 B.C.
- The New Testament is 99% accurate when compared to more than 5,600 partial and complete NT manuscripts dating from the first three centuries A.D.
Do you regularly read God’s Word, the Bible?
Coming next . . . . “Why Study the Bible?”
Pingback: 13日の金曜日 « ヨハネの黙示録の解釈
I love this, KD. Keep up the good work.
Thank you, DM. I appreciate your encouragement!
Pingback: Schepper en Blogger God 10 Een Blog van een Boek 4 Luisteren naar Blogger | Bijbelvorser = Bible Researcher
Pingback: Gospel Power, Romans 1:16-17 | kdmanestreet